The South African film and television production incentive project eligibility requirements
The Qualifying South African Production Expenditure (QSAPE) must be a minimum of R1.5
million for all qualifying production formats and a minimum of R500 000 for documentaries:
- At least sixty percent (60%) of the principal photography must be filmed in South Africa;
- At least fourteen (14) calendar days of the principal photography must be filmed in SouthAfrica;
- For productions with a minimum QSAPE of R50 million, the sixty percent (60%) and fourteen (14) calendar days requirements may be waived and such discretion will take into account the budgetary implications of the decision made.
The Qualifying South African Productions must meet the following mandatory requirements:
- The Qualifying South African Production Expenditure (QSAPE) must account at least seventy-five percent (75%) of the total production budget;
- The majority of intellectual property must be owned by South African citizen(s); the copyright must be registered with the Companies and Intellectual Property Commission (CIPC) and the certificate of registration must be provided at claim stage;
- The Director must be a South African citizen and be credited for this active role in the production;
- The top writer and producer credits must include South African citizens either exclusive or shared collaboration credits;
- The majority of the five (5) highest-paid performers must be South African citizens;
- The majority of heads of departments and key personnel must be South African citizens, with at least twenty percent (20%) of the Head of Departments (HODs) on core production functions being Black South African citizens.
Going forward, Business Grants and Dream Team Capital can play an even more important role in the co-ordination, integration and reporting on the consolidated performance of the various fragmented energy efficiency initiatives in the country. Contact us today for professional assistance in streamlining your application for the South African film and television production incentive.